Our commitment to you
When you use Wyth online banking or the Wyth mobile app, our Online and Mobile Banking Service Guarantee protects you. So, if a fraudster takes any money from your Wyth account, we’ll reverse the transactions and you’ll be able to carry on as if it never happened. We’ll look after paying money back into your account, refunding any charges and interest, and paying any interest you’ve missed out on. What a relief!
We won’t give you a refund if we think you’ve acted fraudulently, or if you’ve either deliberately, or with negligence:
- Failed to keep your online banking password and other full passwords or mobile device secure; or
- Failed to tell us as soon as possible that you’ve lost your mobile device
We also won’t refund any payment made before you told us your security details were lost or compromised.
Please see our Electronic Access Agreement for full details.
How you can protect yourself
- Don’t use a shared email or mobile device to conduct your banking
- Memorise your password – you’ve got this!
- Choose a strong password that’s super tricky to guess – not your dog’s birthday and not even your BFF’s phone number. Pro tip: the best passwords include 3 random words.
- Never give passwords to anyone (like, ever!) or write them down where others might find them
- Never give someone access to a device, like your computer or mobile, where your details are stored
- If you’d like to use your face ID or fingerprint to sign in to the Wyth mobile app, only register your own face or fingerprints to your mobile device. Don’t activate this feature if you let other people access your mobile device with their faces or fingerprints. We treat any transaction made with a registered face or fingerprint as authorised by you
- Contact us as soon as possible if you think someone else has used, or could use your password
- Sign out at the end of each session and don’t leave your computer or mobile device unattended while you’re signed in – we’ll automatically log you out if you’ve been inactive for a while, just to be safe
- Carry out regular internet security checks and software updates
How we protect you
We offer you the option to sign in with Face ID® (iPhone) or fingerprint for a secure mobile banking experience.
When you sign in to our secure banking through wyth.ca or on the Wyth mobile app on a new device, we send a text message with a one-time security code to your mobile device, or an email to your registered email address.
You can also manage which devices have access to your account. If you change devices or lose your mobile phone, you can sign in, go to ‘Manage my devices’ and click to de-register it. One less thing to worry about!
Our mobile app offers additional protection to your account by giving you the option to select an image that appears when you sign in. This helps protect you from phishing attacks.
We offer a range of alerts to ensure you’re always aware of what’s happening with your account, such as when personal details are updated. You then choose how to receive these alerts – email, text or push notifications.
We offer secure two-way messaging to contact us when you need help – it’s safer and quicker than sending an email, you can attach files to your communications, and you get to skip listening to “your call is important to us”!
And of course, we have all the standard features you’d expect from a Schedule 1 bank, such as strong passwords, and a variety of behind-the-scenes protections to keep you and your money secure.
View our Personal deposit agreement policy for more information.
Notice something suspicious? Contact us.
If you find any suspicious or unauthorized activity on your accounts, or suspect you've been a targeted by a fraud or scam, contact us immediately.
333 - 3rd Avenue North, Saskatoon, SK S7K 2M2